...and the mirrors.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I'm learning...
I've never been the typical "housewife". Brent and I pretty much share all the house duties since I work full time, and he's a full time student (not for much longer, yes!!). I'm making an effort to be a little more "domestic", so this week I decided to learn how to bake. I honestly think that this was the first time in our marriage that I actually baked something, outside of HAVING to bake for events or holidays. My husband is so deprived. Anyway, I was very proud of the Blackberry Cobbler I made. So proud in fact, I decided to take a photo. It was so yummy. However, quick note to self; baking soda is NOT the same as baking powder. Oh, and it's not a good idea to use olive oil as a substitute for vegetable oil in an effort to be more healthy while baking. I'm pathetic, I know.
In addition to baking I've had a lot of fun with some decorative projects throughout the house. My favorite projects were the... well, I'm not sure what you'd call these...

...and the mirrors.

I had been looking all over for mirrors that were about 16x16, in a oak finish, and preferably under $200 each. Well, they don't exist. So I made my own. They actually turned out pretty good. Just don't flip them over and look at the back; they're definitely homemade.
...and the mirrors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice Katie! You are talented!
love ya Jill
Wow Katie...I am seriously impressed. I love the decorations...way to be...you so rock!
Post a Comment