Our Memorable Moments

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Manitou

So... I know this is late, but it was so fun and I wanted to share...
The first week of May, Brent and I went to a Maximized Living seminar in Colorado. I missed out on it last year and was so bummed I wasn't able to go. Needless to say, it was on my calendar a year in advance. Thank goodness too, because it was amazing!!
They climbed Manitou again this year. It was the first time for me and was pretty intimidating. Just hiking up to the base of the trail was hard. Honestly, I was a little nervous at first that I wasn't going to make it to the top, but I did. Actually I did pretty good for not being a big "hiker", not to mention the 5000 ft elevation that I wasn't used to. It was awesome. We even stopped to watch the sunrise half way up. It took me just over an hour, which is pretty good time. Next years goal is under 1 hour... Here are some photos. Enjoy!!

Stopping to watch the sunrise:


Family photo at the top: please excuse our sweat


The incline: Looks steep, but do-able...


...then you get to the top of that hill and see this... ugh!


See the faint line between the tall trees? Yup, THAT is the top. My knees and ankles were sore for a few days due to the uneven ground. It was tough, but so rewarding!!

We are looking forward to moving to Austin soon. Our office is in the works. Walls are officially going up and it should be done and ready for the doors to open in about a month. We are so, so, so excited to get to into our community and start making a difference.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You guys look great! What an accomplishment. We are so proud of you! MUAH!