Our Memorable Moments

Saturday, June 18, 2011

We are spoiled... and loving it!

Thursday Brent walked into the office and asked me what I ordered from Target. I gave him a crazy look and said "What are you talking about?". He told me that UPS delivered a package to us and he figured I bought a dress or something online (by the way, I NEVER shop online, so I don't know where he came up with that logic...). I was anxious all day to see what had been delivered. It even crossed my mind that maybe someone's package was delivered to the wrong place.

When we got home that night I looked at the package. The delivery name and address was to Brent and Katie Smith, so it was definitely for us. Then in the "from" section, it said it was sent from Summer.

My initial thought was "No way!". So I opened that box, and sure enough it was the Baby Monitor that we had been eyeballing for the last few weeks! One problem... there was no name on the package saying who it was from.

I was so excited. I practically ripped the box into pieces so play with it! We knew that only a few people knew that we liked the Summer monitors so our first call was to Brents parents. Brenda's response was "I think your dad put something in the mail for you". I was definitely more that something! Sure enough, we guessed right.
THANK YOU SO MUCH BRENDA AND BILL. WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

If you are not familiar with it, you will want one soon! It's amazing! It's a sound AND camera monitor, and it automatically changes from black and white when the room is dark, to color monitoring during the day or when the room is light.

We had so much fun watching Nolan nap on his monitor during the family's trip to Austin a few weeks ago. Especially since he is such a little wiggle worm when he sleeps. I hope our little Smith baby keeps up as entertained as he did! It gave us lots of giggles and was so adorable!

Again, thank you so much for the amazing gift! We really do love it and we know that it will be put to great use!

Love you all!
B&K

1 comment:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Are you serious!?!?! You were considering Bennett Reed Smith? That would have been very crazy! When I was pregnant with Easton, before I knew it was a boy, I loved the name Natalie Rachelle. I didn't tell anyone, and when I pulled up my cousins blog one day after she had a baby, she named her daughter that exact same name! I hope you are doing well. I'd love to hear more about your home birth and see pictures of Noah. I LOVE the name Noah, but my sister-in-law who is also a Smith claimed that name for her next son. I guess that ended up being a good thing, cause that would have been two names we both liked.